We currently employ staff on both a full-time and part-time basis, and provide a challenging but supportive working environment.
We offer competitive salaries and a non-contributory pension scheme with 5% employer contribution, which will comply with UK auto-enrolment requirements from February 2017; 25 days’ annual leave for full time staff; and family-friendly policies.
Many of the positions at the international office offer an opportunity for international travel.
Thank you for your interest in working for PEN International.
For all vacancies, please submit a full CV and covering letter explaining why you would like to work for PEN International and how you meet the person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date specified for the vacancy.
The following vacancies are currently available:
Call for Tender: Evaluation
PEN International, the world association of writers, works to promote literature and defend freedom of expression across the globe.
As we conclude a cycle of work, we are looking to commission an independent evaluation to learn from and build on our successes, and to strengthen our approach in areas where the work has been more challenging.
The evaluation is intended as a learning exercise to determine the extent to which PEN International is delivering on its objectives. PEN would like an independent view on what has been achieved and what can be learned, with a special focus on impact, effectiveness, sustainability and replicability. If you are interested in working with PEN International, you can find out more here.
CONSULTANT/TEAM – profile and skill set
- Extensive experience of carrying out evaluations and impact assessments for a wide range of organisations, including multi-country evaluations
- Demonstrable experience of working in the global south, implementing programmes and/or undertaking evaluations in the development or human rights sector using participatory approaches
- Proven ability to deliver rigorous analysis as independent and external evaluators in line with the principles of participatory and qualitative research
- Experience of working with voluntary based and/or membership organisations
- A commitment to grassroots and local PEN Centre engagement and learning in the evaluation process so that they both validate and own the findings, contribute their expertise to the process
- Ability to analyse budgets and financial reports to assess economy, efficiency and value for money in programmes and approaches
- Ability to write clearly and engagingly in English, so that work is useful to donors, international organisations and local partners
- Fluency in Spanish and/or French, an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of working with PEN International, highly desirable
The evaluation needs to be completed, with evaluation report and recommendations submitted to PEN International by 15 October 2018.
Deadline: Tenders should be submitted to Romana.Cacchioli@pen-international.org by 9:00 GMT, on 12 March 2018.
PEN International is an equal opportunities employee